Diana Childers, MD
Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor
Telephone (619) 471-9186
Mail Code 8485
Dr. Diana Childers joined the faculty of the Division of Hospital Medicine here at UCSD in 2007. Before she came to UCSD, Dr. Childers worked at a Sharp Rees-Stealy Urgent Care Center in San Diego.
Dr. Childers earned her MD degree from Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the University of California, Irvine.
Her focus of expertise is in the inpatient care of diabetes and hyperglycemia and has served as a mentor to 10 other hospitals through the Society of Hospital Medicine’s (SHM) Glycemic Control Mentored Implementation (GCMI) program.
She is also active in measures of productivity for the Division of Hospital Medicine.
- Ramos P, Childers D, Maynard GA. Glycemic Control Following Transition from an Insulin Drip: A Pilot Study. Abstract, Society of Hospital Medicine Annual Meeting, April 3-5, 2008, San Diego. J Hospital Med 2008; 3(S1):36-37. PDF (see PDF document pp. 38-39)
- Johnstone D. The Chocolate Prescription: Just what the doctor ordered? J. of Pre-Med Studies. 1996;3:32-33.
- Childers D. A Doctor’s Motivation. Diabetes Forecast. March 2010, Vol 63 (3)
- QuantiaMD on-line publication: “What the heck is this?” Episode 33, series 2010 (Pt with a nailgun injury with associated x-rays.) http://my.quantiamd.com/player/mgnpezt?pid=105
- Johns Hopkins Consultative Medicine Essentials for Hospitalists. D Childers MD, P Ramos MD
- Managing Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital: Critically Ill and Surgical Patients
- Managing Diabetes and Hyperglycemia in the Hospital: Focus on the Noncritically Ill Patient
- Available at www.jhcape.com
- Zhu J, Childers D. Toxicity of tizanidine (Zanaflex) exacerbated by co-administration of ciprofloxacin: A case report and literature review. SHM Poster Session April 2012